Transportation Logistics Operations Manager
Olathe, KS | Please note: local candidates only
TA Logistics was established in 2002 to support our customers’ transportation needs outside the realm of TransAm Trucking’s service coverage. We remain a leading third party logistics company because of the hardworking individuals on our team. We focus on providing the best service possible to our network of shippers and carriers.
the role | An Operations Manager is responsible for…
- Monitors production and provides direction for team of 5 sales reps
- Plans, organizes and manages the operations and carrier aspects for the company
- Develops an operational strategy to secure carrier capacity to reach maximum profitability and meet customer demands
- Manages gross margin
- Works with GM to develop strategic plans to expand the company into the following truckload segments: Full-Truckload Dry, Full Truckload Temperature Control, Flatbed, Intermodal, Heavy Haul, Expedited, Less than Truckload and Small Package Delivery
the requirements | This will be a perfect fit for you if you…
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of sales or sales management experience, preferably at an asset-based, full truckload transportation company and/or broker experience
- Have Carrier sales and Management experience
- Are an individual contributor and excel at identifying goals, developing plans, and monitoring your progress
- Currently maintain an establishedbook of carrier business
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Open to assist nights and weekends with on-call operational issues, as needed
the details | What are the hours, pay, and location?
- This is a full-time position working during Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Pay is a base salary based on experience plus monthly sales incentive payouts
the perks | What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to work remotely and travel across America
- Health, dental, life, and disability insurance coverages
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off after 90 days
- Discounted gym memberships, mobile phone services, tires, and Costco memberships
the next step | Does this sound like a match for you?
Apply now by submitting your resume or visit www.transamtruck.com/careers/ to complete an online application. A member of our recruiting team will review your resume and reach out to schedule a phone screen if your qualifications match our requirements.
TransAm is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Transportation Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday