Transportation/ Logistics Specialist
At Vispero, you’ll be part of a global team enhancing solutions that make a difference in people’s lives. Vispero is the world’s leading assistive technology provider for the visually impaired and owner of the brands AI Squared, Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, Optelec, The Paciello Group and Interactive Accessibility. All the Vispero brands have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them to reach their full potential.
The Transportation/Logistics Specialist analyzes freight to ensure proper charging to departments and ensure cost-effective manner. They also assist others in understanding and utilizing all resources to further enhance the most efficient method of moving freight. The Transportation/Logistics Specialist analyzes freight flow data and makes recommendations for improvement to maximize cost savings.
- Able to perform work accurately and thoroughly in a timely manner
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions and approaches to problems
- Truthful and seen to be credible in the workplace
- Able to adapt to change in the workplace
- Organized and follows a systematic method of performing a task
- Able to make decisions to take action to solve a problem or reach a goal
- Utilizes the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Coordinate/communicate route freight to save on-time and costs along with ensuring proper paper work
- Analyze freight flow information and determine trends to make recommendations for improvements
- Efficiently satisfy in a timely manner of all inquiries for freight quote.
- Ensuring shipping compliance of all applicable laws/regulations
- Communicate opportunities to improve service goals
- Work with finance department to ensure correct charge numbers and payment to vendors are timely.
- Analyze breakdowns to determine most cost effective and timely course of action
- Coordinate all international shipments including satisfying all necessary paperwork for quick container shipments.
- Assist at times with return goods and shipments of products to customers
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- MS Office or Windows based software required
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Associate’s Degree or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Preferred: Bachelors in business, logistics, or other related field
Job Type: Full-time
If you have a passion for excellence and want to work with an outstanding team of experts, working in an exciting, challenging, fast paced environment for the world’s leading assistive technology company, please submit a resume!
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative