- Direct and manage the activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of company tractors and trailers.
- Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
- Serve as contact persons for all dispatchers and drivers within assigned territories.
- Implement schedule and policy changes.
- Monitor operations to ensure that dispatchers and drivers comply with customer policies, DOT regulations and procedures, safety rules, and federal and state transportation regulations.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday
- Transportation Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Premier Transportation considers our drivers to be our most important asset. We recognize the value of a quality driver and understand that our drivers represent our company both over the road and with the customer. We pride ourselves in hiring only the best drivers in the industry. Premier has worked very hard over the years to insure that all drivers are treated courteously and in a professional manner. At Premier Transportation Family isn’t just a Priority, it’s our culture!
85% of our Drivers are Home Daily Detention Pay Vacation & Holiday Pay Stop Off Pay Comprehensive Insurance: Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Optional Insurance: Disability, Extra Life Generous 401K matching $1,000 – $5000 Sign-on Bonus (**Bonus depends on location) $1,000 Annual Longevity Bonus $100 Clean Inspection Bonus (Unlimited) $100 Monthly Safety Bonus $130 per quarter (up to $520/yr) Wellness Program $500 Driver Referral Bonus (Unlimited) Entrance into Safe Driver of the Year Drawing of $10,000
Premier Transportation has immediate openings for Experienced Tractor and Trailer Mechanics. Duties include: A/C repair, engine diagnostic, electrical troubleshooting as well as general tractor maintenance, Brakes, lights, and structural repairs, panels, roofs and door replacement on trailers. Experience required, including 2-5 years in over the road tractor and trailer maintenance. Must have own tools and clean driving record.
Premier Transportation was an early adopter of natural gas for over the road trucking and its fleet of CNG tractors has continued to grow since it’s first deployed CNG tractors in 2011. Our CNG Fleet provides fuel cost savings, reduces oil dependence, is low in carbons, near zero emissions and is the best diesel/gas alternative. Premier Transportation is proud to be an active participant in the EPA’s SmartWay Program, committed to benchmark operations, tracking fuel consumption and improved performance annually. Additional Sustainability Programs: Recycling Solar Technology LED Lighting Diesel Exhaust Fluid