LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Click on “” button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month.
- The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the technical development and maintenance of the wing’s readiness / deployment program and to train reservists.
- Provides direction, development and maintenance of the wings deployment program. Plans for and evaluates logistics readiness.
- Assists in maintaining the wing’s War Readiness Materiel (WRM) program. Presents briefings and participates in meetings or serves on panels and committees.
- Assists with and monitors a variety of unit readiness assessment activities such as operational readiness inspections (ORI), operational readiness exercises (ORE), and other command and local exercises.
- As a team member, evaluates assigned categories of support services for inter-and intra-service support agreements, submitting final report through management to the Joint Inter-service Regional Support Group (JIRSG) chairperson.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position. May be required to fly in commercial and military aircraft to perform temporary/permanent duty assignments.
Job family (Series)
0346 Logistics Management