SENIOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TRANSPORTATION
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TRANSPORTATION
JOB CODE: 460A
DIVISION: Operational Support
DEPARTMENT: Transportation Services
REPORTS TO: Chief Technology and Operations Officer
PAY GRADE: CZ00/NZ00 (Based on CH66, Steps 27-29)
FLSA: Exempt PAY FREQUENCY: Monthly
The Cobb County School District is the second largest school district in Georgia and among the largest in the United States, with over 113,000 students, 112 schools, 18,000 employees and a budget in excess of $1 Billion.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To plan, control, and direct the operations of the Transportation department.
1. Educational Level: Bachelor’s degree
2. Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia Driver’s License
3. Experience: 5 years of high level management experience in a transportation services supervisory or educational leadership role to include 3 years minimum pupil transportation experience
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Provides leadership to all of Transportation staff including Fleet Maintenance.
3. Provides continuous training support to ensure all staff meet required level of knowledge and certifications.
4. Maintains a working relationship with local, state, and federal agencies to comply with all regulations.
5. Enforces all government and School District regulations affecting the Department.
6. Prepares annual transportation report for the State Department of Education.
7. Communicates with county engineers and school staff to ensure safe conditions along bus routes and pick up/drop off locations.
8. Coordinates work of transportation supervisors and the development of school bus routes.
9. Reviews and recommends solutions for moving the Department forward effectively and efficiently in the short- term as well as the long-term needs including buses, communication, and routing software.
10. Oversees random drug/alcohol selection for CDL holders.
11. Prepares, reads, and interprets financial reports, spreadsheets and related materials.
12. Makes informative presentations to patrons of the School District.
13. Prepares and controls the annual budget for the Department.
14. Attends Board of Education meetings to assist COO in providing information as it relates to Transportation.
15. Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
This position has important responsibilities in the school community. As such, the actions of this position are potentially subject to a high degree of public and community scrutiny and must always reflect the efficient and effective use of resources. The candidate must demonstrate operational and financial acumen and deal sensitively and responsibly with the community, central office departments, various groups and organizations, and a diverse community.
Applications for this position will not be considered if all attachments are not addressed. Applicants will complete the online application at www.cobbk12.org and use the Cover Letter section of the application to address their ability to meet the primary functions and essential duties of the posted job description.
Applicants must upload the following supporting documents online via the Talent Ed administrative application.
Primary Location: TRANSPORTATION CENTRAL OFFICE – 0049
Salary Range: $134,836.92 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $134,836.92 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- transportation mgmt: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Do you have 3 years minimum pupil transportation experience?