Director of Transportation & Logistics
- Lead projects and meetings that coordinate employees from all areas to enhance and promote continuous improvement.
- Evaluate existing transportation and delivery framework (equipment, processes, people, technology, etc.) to understand how we can improve and build on the existing system.
- Drive and actively manage initiatives, programs, and processes within the Transportation Department.
- Apply practices that motivate employees, relay growth opportunities, drive execution of policies/procedures to ensure productivity levels are met.
- Develop/implement appropriate metrics routinely to measure statistics and progress in all functional areas of transportation and delivery.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of Company programs, procedures, methods, and practices to promote a competitive advantage.
- Plans and manages department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Develops and manages the annual budget, contracts, and ongoing relationships with third-party logistics providers to improve service levels.
- Develops strategic plan for the functional area.
- Leads the development and management of integrated cross-functional strategic projects.
- Manages strategic relationships with logistics service providers to support business requirements.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to team members to achieve partner, business, and customer results.
- This role requires an accomplished leader with 10+ years of total experience and at least 7 years of managerial experience in a high-volume distribution organization
- The ideal candidate will have created supply chain strategies and successfully led to large-scale change. He or she will have a deep understanding of domestic and global supply chain elements, and driven improvements across highly complex supply chains
- Candidates should have a thorough understanding of project management, continuous improvement and extensive experience in the application and implementation of high performing teams in Transportation and Logistics
- Experience in 3rd party logistics and brokering freight
- Candidate should be accomplished in IT systems integration
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. An MBA or relevant graduate degree would be advantageous
- Building highly effective, collaborative working relationships at all levels in the organization
- Effectively leads and promotes change within the department
- High level of self-determination and self-management
- Detail-oriented, tech-savvy, willingness to continually learn and embrace new approaches
- Calmly solves problems and has a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Has a high capacity for learning and potential to grow into positions of increased responsibility
Look at us GROW!
Our facility has expanded almost 200,000 sq ft in size since last year, that’s over 476,000 sq ft total! Talk about impressive! We couldn’t do it without our amazing team efforts! Check out this great photo of our newest addition in the Freezer
We also added all of this new dock space!
Are you Driven to Succeed?
If you are looking for a great Career in Trucking, G&C Foods is the place to be! Marty & Shannon from 95x test drive a truck to see if we were all talk about what a fun company we are to work for!
Why Drive for us?
Our Drivers are on the road anywhere from 3 to 5 days per week, offering weekly home time! NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – WILL TRAIN! Driver Perks: Deliver palletized freight – No handcarts, ramps or stairs! Driver unload Average case weight between 40-80lbs Electric pallet jacks on most loads Late model full service lease equipment – NOT YOUR AVERAGE FLEET TRUCK! Get to see up to 28 states on the east coast Major city hazard pay Hourly detention and breakdown pay Quarterly Driver safety bonuses Free rider program and pet friendly Above average earnings potential with actual HUB miles paid Great team orientated environment, millions of miles…millions of smiles! Benefits: Up to 15 days of paid time off and holiday pay – paid based off of a 12 week average* Medical, Dental, Vision and disability insurance coverage available Company paid life insurance 401k with discretionary match Annual employee bonus of up to an additional 3 weeks pay (based off of a 12 week average) And many many more! G&C Foods is looking for professional, regional class A Drivers that want to make a difference and join our team. With us, you’re more than just a number, you’re family! G&C Drivers haul and deliver to customers daily throughout 28 states in the Northeast and still growing! Our Drivers are responsible for meeting productivity, accuracy, and safety work standards. Drivers work hands on and use a variety of automated equipment working with dry, frozen or cooled products. Other duties may include loading and unloading of trucks, placing or moving products in storage, driving single or double trailers, or other duties as assigned.
Upward Driving Program
G&C Foods offers a Driving Training Program onsite for current employees called Upward Driving! We provide both classroom and hands-on driving training. Everything you need in order to obtain your CDLA. Career advancement into the Upward Driving Training Program requires 6 months of employment with G&C Foods with no disciplinary actions, and must be 21 years of age or older. Why become a G&C Driver? There are plenty of reasons to become a Driver for G&C Foods. Here are just a few reasons why becoming a CDL trained driver is considered one of the best career choices: STABILITY A job as a commercial truck driver can be a very stable career, as the demand for drivers continues to grow. Even as the economy ebbs and flows, the commercial trucking industry continues to be one of the fastest growing sectors. FAMILY Commercial truck drivers often say one of their favorite parts of the job is the bond they develop with other drivers. G&C Foods is locally known for being one of the best trucking families to work for in the industry. ADVENTURE Truck drivers of both short and long-haul routes get a chance to see the Northeast. From the big cities like New York, Washington D.C., New Orleans, Chicago, and many more, to the shores of the Atlantic Oceans! In many ways, drivers are America’s explorers. GREAT PAY The U.S. Department of Labor states that the average salary for a first year truck driver is $35K, making it one of the highest salaries for any first-year worker in any industry. At G&C Foods, you can expect to make an average of $65K–$85K per year once licensed.
Employee Lounge and Game Room
Our employee’s enjoy a state of the art lounge area complete with a chef’s kitchen, full concession, gaming systems, ping pong table, free popcorn and coffee, computers, lounge chairs, several flat screen TV’s and much more!
Above and Beyond for our Employees
One of our Managers, Sean Rowley, received the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Patriotic Employer Award. This award recognizes employers who support military service members. Sean was nominated by Matt Zorovic, one of our night Selectors and an Army Reserve. Part of the culture at G&C Foods is to go above and beyond for all of our employees to ensure their success and happiness!
Safety never takes a day off at G&C
At G&C Foods we make substantial efforts to raise safety awareness and reduce workplace injuries everyday! In the above picture, our Director of Operations and Production Manager pose in front of one of the many safety slogan posters around the facility. These slogans are submitted by our very own staff. To protect the well being of our employees, G&C Foods has a full time Safety Manager on staff who promotes all employees to be a part of our Safety practices. G&C Foods also has a Safety committee made up of employees from all departments that meet regularly.
Syracuse, NY 13210