Corporate Director of Transportation
Overview of the Director of Transportation position
To provide effective Logistics Management to meet business plans goals and ensures optimal transportation efficiencies. Manage operation to meet specific logistic demands for all the divisions within DS Services Supply Chain. Demonstrate and promote the benefits and services of our operation.
- Develop realistic objectives for the utilization of technology.
- Propose software applications and route design tool as logistic solutions. Evaluate continuous improvement methods using clear measurements.
- Work directly with TMS department to plan routing and scheduling of transportation resources throughout the region.
- Collaborate with Division Warehouse Managers to define operating goals, guidance, and training and KPI requirements.
- Design and implement clear strategies for long term development of cost-cutting solutions and performance improvement of carriers.
- Manage operations to meet business plan while maintaining high-level interface with division management.
- Directly responsible for implementation phase and managing all aspects of transportation – Dedicated contract Carriage Operations, Internal Fleet, brokers etc. Develop and implement programs to track and monitor operating costs, service and performance of carriers. Ensure that all carriers meet the minimum contractual requirements (Insurance, Safety Rating, and DOT Certificate) set forth by DS Services.
- To develop and update the carrier base by lanes to meet customer shipping requirements. Negotiate rates and prepare contractual agreements in accordance with Corporate Transportation SOP (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Prepare annual transportation budgets for all production centers.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Management in identifying opportunities within the transportation sector to reduce cost while increasing efficiencies. Track and communicate measurements of transportation effectiveness and efficiency. Audit, approves, and codes all manual freight invoices to the appropriate G/L accounts. Develop, and implement a daily divisional Traffic schedule.
- Provide performance data for the following: Cost per mile, Cost per case, Percent empty miles, Fleet utilization, Weight capacity utilization, Percent on time deliveries, and Percent on time pick-ups. TMS back-end maintenance — routing guide, new lane, new carriers, rate table etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience.
- Five to seven years of managerial or logistic work experience.
- Knowledge of the Oracle System / TMS.
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft PC applications. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Contract negotiations.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America’s favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Transportation: 10 years (Required)
- E-Bid: 1 year (Preferred)
- Logistics Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Oracle System/TMS: 1 year (Preferred)
- COE: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- 50% (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Temporarily due to COVID-19