Director of Transportation
Transportation Director to manage procurement and execution of carrier activities. The Transportation Director will be the main point of contact for transportation performance and cost control for Full Truckload, Less Than Truckload, Intermodal, and Parcel modes of transportation. The Transportation Director will resolve any obstacles that arise to ensure customer’s required delivery dates are met are met within all reasonable logistics abilities. This position will create a performance management system, vendor report card.
In this role, the selected candidate will be an excellent communicator who is able to translate customer order demand into functional actions and fulfill them. This role will maintain relationships across the logistics network and within internal business partners to ensure a clear understanding on the results of the team’s effort. This role will actively create and manage departmental KPI’s
What You’ll Need
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to build and manage a remote team
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement and driving process improvements
- Ability to execute daily to remove exceptions from our system
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to influence others
- Experience with business and data analytics
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Extremely collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- 10+ years of transportation network execution experience at a logistics and/or retail company
Role and Responsibilities
- Procure TL/LTL/Parcel services to offer best in class solutions
- Manage, develop, coordinate, and optimize carrier relationships. Classify carriers by role (strategic, niche, etc.) and invest time as appropriate.
- Promote strong core carrier relationships while negotiating and securing carriers to move freight
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers and customer to ensure a high-quality freight movement process(s)
- Proactively communicating service failures to internal support teams to minimize service failures, promote on time service and ensure safety.
- Identify Resolve customer complaints quickly and effectively, while ensuring improvements are made to prevent repeat instances
- Interact with cross department within the organization and have strong relationship with internal business partners
- Provide reporting on daily and ad hoc activities
- Manage, report, and provide action plan to support any performance deficiency
- Generate weekly KPI and forecasting reports to effectively manage area of responsibility
- Respond to standard requests from internal customers
- Make decisions within guidelines and policy
- You will be responsible for driving continuous improvement processes that improve operational efficiency focused on the reliability of our network
- You will monitor, report and improve KPIs across our entire freight network
- You will drive the creation and rollout of SOPs and SLAs for your team, the fulfillment centers, and our carriers
Now don’t fall asleep out there… the sooner that we receive your application, the closer you are to the career of your dreams!
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Mattress Firm is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Mattress Firm is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Benefits, Your Way
Mattress Firm offers an extensive range of benefits designed to support you, your family, and your life… your way. Medical, dental and vision benefits are just the start, as we also offer pet insurance and employee discounts, at Mattress Firm and thousands of product/service providers nationwide! We encourage and support associates who wish to continue their education with tuition assistance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, with company match, life resources (EAP) and more—even for part-time employees!
Raul’s Story: More Than Just a Sales Job
BEDQuarters Tour – Houston, TX
Take a tour of BEDQuarters, our customer and store support center, located in Houston, TX! Our goal was to create a space that reflects and promotes our company’s culture and values into the office in order to inspire creativity and collaboration among our employees. From nap rooms, to indoor swings and an on-site arcade, BEDQuarters perfectly reflects our culture of fun at work!
Commitment to Diversity
We vow to provide high-quality care for our guests and associates through a strong commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion. We celebrate and respect differences, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, language, abilities/disabilities or any other defining characteristics. All are welcome, respected and valued.
10201 Main Street
Houston, Texas 77025