Sr. Director of Transportation Safety
The Senior Director of Transportation Safety
The Sr. Director of Transportation Safety is accountable for leading A&R Logistics in the reduction of contributory collisions and injuries and maintaining FMCSA regulatory compliance. The Sr. Director will aggressively manage loss control efforts in a manner that is fair and protects the company’s and customers’ interests. This person will embrace our culture of safety and excellence and be a trusted partner to the transportation operations team.
- Drive consistent and effective safety programs through comprehensive data analysis, loss trending and reporting.
- Implement effective methods to drive continuous, measurable improvement of safety results.
- Ensure OHSA requirements are met and that required policies, procedures and training are in place.
- Deploy and monitor safety and loss control management systems, including statistical process control to identify loss trends, contributing factors and appropriate countermeasures to effectively improve those trends.
- Lead ongoing evaluation, selection, testing and implementation of safety programs, technology, processes and initiatives relative to risk mitigation for trucking/fleet maintenance operations.
- Establish and maintain driver/employee training curriculum and a driver risk assessment process to proactively identify drivers requiring additional training and/or coaching.
- Partner with recruiting and operations teams to ensure driver qualification standards promote safe and successful drivers.
- Review, evaluate and promote company policies/practices as needed to support safety values and expectations.
- Ensure current and new processes and practices are in full compliance with DOT regulations and improve CSA performance.
- Develop, implement and administer driver safety performance recognition processes to produce desired outcomes.
- Accountable for all aspects of Auto Liability and Workers Compensation claims to include: accurate and timely first reporting; accurate tracking of losses, including all financials; coordinates claims response and management with the TPA to ensure comprehensive first response and data collection, consistent subrogation, discovery preparation, and comprehensive employee care that includes aggressive RTW component to assist in recovery.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated progressive leadership experience in the trucking industry, with a senior leadership position with safety, regulatory compliance and loss control accountability.
- Strong verbal, leadership, analytical, listening and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable business partnership skill set with the ability to establish credibility with operating leaders and the ability to influence, coach and counsel employees.
- Experience with continuous improvement and process management best practices.
- Must have keen attention to detail, organization skills and operate with a sense of urgency.
- Functionally competent computer skills related to Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, with TMW, TMT, and Omnitracs, knowledge preferred.
- Expert knowledge of functional application of DOT regulations and process improvement.
- Process oriented, with a proven ability to be a change agent across business functions.
- Demonstrated experience in using technology, including Collision Mitigation Systems, to measure and improve safe driving behaviors.
- Proven success in developing direct reports to achieve their goals and full potential.
- The following certifications preferred Certified director of Safety (CDS), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), and Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
- Hazardous materials/Liquids experience is a must.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Trucking : 10 years (Required)
- Management : 10 years (Required)
- Hazardous Materials: 10 years (Required)
- Liquids: 10 years (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly